The Shellac manicure , being a semi-permanent polish, cannot be removed as if it were a normal nail polish, since you run the risk of damaging your nails.
It is always advisable to perform a treatment of this type in a professional beauty salon, but if you prefer to do it at home, then in this post we explain how to remove the Shellac manicure correctly . Take note!
how to remove shellac manicure at home Step by Step
The world of aesthetics has come a long way in recent years and thanks to this we find types of enamels that can be almost as durable as gel nails or classic porcelain.
One of these new enamels is the Shellac manicure, which consists of an aesthetic technique where a professional paints your nails with a semi-permanent lacquer that is made up of both enamel and gel. Thanks to this composition, we can wear perfect nails for approximately two weeks.
Shellac is a type of semi-permanent manicure and, therefore, it is normal for many girls to wonder about the best way to remove it at home. The truth is that to achieve a perfect finish it is recommended that you do it in a beauty salon, if you don’t have time, here we discover how to remove the Shellac manicure easily.
MATERIALS TO REMOVE SHELLAC
First, we will have to list the essential materials and products. They are as follows:
- Acetone polish remover: it is important to have a product that contains this ingredient since, this way, you can more easily remove nail polish.
- Nail file: you will also have to have a file for your nails that will help you achieve a perfect polish. Of course: it is not recommended to use a metallic or glass one because it would not be able to clean the nail polish well.
- Aluminum foil: it is another of the essential materials to remove the Shellac manicure. We will need a piece of approximately 5 cm for each finger, that is, a total of 10.
- Cotton : it is also important that we have cotton to be able to remove the Shellac manicure at home in a correct and polished way. They do not have to be very large pieces, only the size of our nail.
- Cuticle pusher : it is the essential product to be able to thoroughly clean the nails and remove the polish that may have stuck to the ends of the nails.
5 STEPS TO REMOVE SHELLAC MANICURE
Once we have all the products, we can begin to carry out the procedure. To do this, we will follow the steps that we list below:
- File the nail : we will begin by filing the entire surface until it loses its shine. With this, what we do is remove the most superficial layer of the Shellac manicure.
- Wet the nail polish remover in the cotton : next, we will have to soak the cotton pieces in abundant nail polish remover. Moisten enough so that you can remove the nail polish well. Place the cotton on top of each nail for the product to take effect.
- Apply the aluminum foil : next we will have to wrap each nail with the pieces of aluminum foil that we have previously cut. Let them work for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum and cotton: after this time, it will be time to remove both the silver foil and the cotton.
- Use the cuticle pusher: for the finish to be more perfect you have to push the polish with this tool and, you will see, that the nail polish falls off very easily.
- Final hydration : and to finish with this method of removing the Shellac manicure at home, you will only have to hydrate the nails since acetone can dry them out, as well as your skin.
In any case, if you want an impeccable result, it is best to go to a beauty salon to take care of your nails and make your hands look perfect.
HOW TO REMOVE SHELLAC WITHOUT ACETONE
Acetone is a product full of harsh chemicals that dehydrate your nails, which is why many people seek to remove polish without using it. Here are some home remedies to remove Shellac manicure without acetone:
Alcohol and white sugar
Mix a little sugar and a few drops of alcohol in a bowl and soak a few cotton balls in the mixture. Apply the wet cotton on each of your nails until the polish is completely removed.
This nail polish can help remove polish without using acetone. You just have to apply a thick layer of glitter on the nail and remove it with a cotton ball before it dries. In this way, you will be able to remove the shellac without nail polish remover.
White Vinegar and Lemon Rinse
These natural products have antiseptic properties that help to deeply clean your nails. To do this you have to add a tablespoon of vinegar and the juice of half a lemon in a container and apply the mixture with a cotton ball on each of your nails.
Also Read: 4 Home Remedies for Oily Skin
How To Remove Shellac Without Aluminum
If you want to remove Shellac polish without aluminum, you have to know that there is a very fast and effective method that will help you clean your nails perfectly. Here are the tricks to remove Shellac effectively and without using aluminum foil:
File the nails well
we will begin by filing the surface of the nails well to remove the paint layer. Be careful with this because you could damage your natural nail, so it is always advisable to go to an aesthetic center.
Remove your gel nail polish in 5 minutes without acetone!
Acetone will help soften the Shellac nail polish as it can be removed more easily. To do this, you will have to put a cotton swab dipped in acetone and place it on each of the nails. Let it sit for about 10 minutes for the product to take effect.
Remove the acetone
Finally, if you want to remove the aluminum-free Shellac manicure, you must remove the algonillos and remove the polish. After this, hydrate your hands and nails well so that they do not suffer with this procedure.
HOW TO REMOVE SHELLAC FROM FEET
In the event that you want to remove the Shellac manicure from the feet, you have to know that the procedure is exactly the same as that we have discussed above. The nails, although they are larger and harder, are made of the same organic materials and, therefore, the one removed from the manicure will be the same.
We remind you that to get a more careful treatment and with optimal results, it is best to have the shellac manicure removed at a specialized beauty center. Only professionals have the appropriate knowledge to be able to remove the polish and protect your nails at all times.