It has surely happened to you that you have painted your nails with a polish that promised to be durable, and yet after two days the paint has begun to crack until it is completely removed. in this article we will discuss about the Shellac Vinylux and Gel Manicure.
Given this, some women will have recommended a more durable enamel such as gel or porcelain, but you are not convinced by being a permanent or too expensive treatment. What if we tell you that there are enamels that promise duration and perfect color without becoming permanent?
The world of aesthetics has made enormous advances and currently we can enjoy three types of professional manicures shellac vinylux and gel manicure that have the same benefits as the permanent ones we used to know: they are Shellac, Vinylux and gel manicures.
In this post we will explain the main differences between a Shellac, Vinylux and Gel manicure. Choose the one you like the most!
WHAT IS SHELLAC MANICURE
The Shellac manicure is a professional aesthetic technique that consists of the application of a nail lacquer that is composed of 50% enamel and the other half gel.
This manicure is semi – permanent in nature since it lasts in perfect condition for about 14 days and can last up to 3 weeks depending on the growth of the nails of whoever has applied this lacquer.
In addition, the Shellac manicure not only promises duration but also an excellent color and shine capable of surviving situations where nail lacquer is normally scratched or directly damaged.
This type of semi-permanent enamel, although its application is quite simple, has to be done by a professional in an aesthetic center, where we proceed as follows:
- First, the person in charge will have to apply the gel base or UV Shellac and let it dry for 10 seconds in a professional lamp.
- Then two coats of enamel of the color you have chosen will be applied and each coat will also dry in the lamp for two minutes.
- Finally, your nails will be painted with a coat of glitter for a perfect finish.
WHAT IS VINYLUX MANICURE
The Vinylux manicure is a nail lacquer composed of enamel and a top coat called Prolight, which contains an advanced technology that hardens and strengthens with exposure to natural light of the nails. That is, without the need for any type of professional lamp.
This means that it is a quick-drying polish but, in turn, it is more durable and has more shine than a normal nail polish.
Another advantage of the Vinylux manicure compared to the enamels that you can find in supermarkets is its excellent duration, which can last for approximately 7 days. This is due to the cross-linked polymer network called Top Coat, which is created by mixing the Vinylux color and Prolight technology. Thanks to the Top Coat network we get the color to last longer and avoid flaking.
Finally, the Vinylux manicure is a professional enamelling technique that is easier to perform, applied as if it were a normal nail lacquer. Therefore, Vinylux lacquer gives you the option of applying it both at home and in a beauty salon., although it is always advisable to perform the treatment in a professional beauty salon such as Vanitas to achieve the best results.
Also Read: What kind of Yogurt is good for face mask?
MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN SHELLAC VINYLUX AND GEL MANICURES
Still don’t know which of the two enamels best suits your needs? Next, we will make a small summary of the main differences that we find in a Shellac manicure and a Vinylux manicure so that you can choose the one that you like the most.
- The lacquer is composed of enamel and gel, which is why it is a semi-permanent technique .
- The duration of this polish is approximately 14 days , lasting 3 weeks depending on the growth of your nails.
- The Shellac technique must be performed by a specialized professional as it requires the application of a base, two layers of enamel and a top layer of gloss. Furthermore, the drying of all Shellac layers has to be done with a professional drying lamp.
- Currently we can choose between 40 different shades .
- To remove this enamel, it is also recommended that a specialist do it , who can use two methods: soak the nails in pure acetone or wrap them in aluminum with cuticle oil.
- The lacquer is composed of Vinylux colored enamel and advanced Prolight technology, so it is not a semi-permanent or permanent technique.
- The duration of this nail lacquer is approximately 7 days.
- Although it is always advisable to be in the hands of a good professional, to apply the Vinylux technique it is not necessary, since it is applied like a normal nail polish. Also, after 7 days when they lose a little shine or the growth line shows, it can be filled in to last a little longer.
- Currently you can choose between 62 different shades .
- It can be removed at home with a regular nail polish remover and some cotton.
However, we do not recommend doing a permanent manicure at home because the result is not as flawless as if you did it in a professional beauty salon.
Gel manicure tend to provide a brighter, more natural look, while acrylic nails are stronger and more durable.
- Gel nails tend to look much more natural and shiny than acrylic nails.
- Unlike acrylic, the gel is odorless.
- The risk of allergic reactions is practically nil; something that may be important to identify before deciding on one or the other.
- Given their material, they are less durable than acrylics and generally cost more.
- If a gel nail extension breaks, it is unlikely that it can be repaired. So you have to remove it completely and rebuild it.
In short, the gel manicure is done with a special polish that is applied on the nail and is done through the well-known ultraviolet light. It is common to see it with a length similar to that of a natural nail, although the thickness of the enamel is much greater. Acrylic nails are extensions that are added to the natural nail and you can choose the length of these, just choose the polish that you want and, voila!
With both types you can get nails that last for several days and weeks. With gel nails you will achieve that your nails harden much faster and grow stronger, while with acrylic nails you will achieve a much greater length and resistance.